05 June 2007

Friday Recap

So Friday night Matt and Sarah took me out around Baltimore. We had a blast! Walking around Federal Hill, the Inner Harbor, and going dancing. I really wish AppleSue had been able to join us.

The night started off pretty relaxed. After we finally found a parking spot (pretty hard to do in Federal Hill on a Friday night) we headed up to the Hill to catch the dusk view of the Inner Harbor. I got to play on the cannons, it was awesome! Getting down those stairs sure did take forever though.. whew!


On our way to the Harbor we made a quick stop around the Rash Field area to play for a sec. Then went off to go find some new friends. I met a really fantastic group of adults that were out on a double date. They let me talk with them for a bit and even took a picture with me!
Since this was my first time to Baltimore I wanted to stop in the Visitors center and grab a bunch of information. So many things I need to see!


I really wanted to go on a boat sight seeing tour, but Sarah was right, it was too dark to see anything really well. I would have even done the water taxi, but Fell Point didn't seem like a key destination, not for us. So instead we decided to spring for the Dragon Paddle Boats! Which was probably the best decision we could have made! I was so excited to get on the paddle boats I even made the super awesome ticket lady take a picture with me! The water was awesome, beautiful and peaceful. Well, until Matt tried to play bumper paddle boat, then we had a high seas adventure of sorts :) The moon was amazing, too! Sarah and I didn't see it until he pointed it out. It was the biggest and reddest moon I had ever seen! Well.. not that I've seen that many.


After the paddles boats we walked around the area for a bit. I climbed a tree, got a slushie, and and ran into a fish that didn't seem to like me one bit. We walked past the aquarium while we were down there. I really want to go there some time! Especially to the new Australian expansion that they have.


Even though our night had been pretty full of adventure, I really want to see what "going dancing" was like. So Matt and Sarah agreed to take me to Sonar for an event called TaxLo. Sarah told me that it used to be called Taxidermy Lodge, but figured they shortened it for the "cool" factor. Since I'm stuffed I figured that I'd fit right in! It was a crazy time, definitely. At first I was a bit lost, that place is huge. It was awesome how friendly people were! No seemed to mind that I'd just walk up and start dancing with them, total party. A lot of people even let me get a picture with them! I felt like.... what is it you people call them.... oh yea.. a rock star!

No comments: