12 June 2007

New York City Adventures!

This past weekend my super awesome puppet making friend, StaceyRebecca, came up from Phoenix, AZ to teach a class at the ever fantastic Etsy Labs. Unfortunately I was unable to attend since I had a public appearance scheduled with Fort Cloudy for Saturday and Sunday. Luckily though, Sarah really wanted to go meet Stacey too. So we arranged a whirlwind bus trip to New York for the evening.
Our bus ended up being an hour and a half late to the Baltimore station, so we didn't end up getting to the Big Apple until 8pm that night and had to be back on the bus home at 3:45am. It kinda made me feel like a manly-fetus version of Cinderella.
Stacey is really great! But if you've ever talked to her, you already knew that. She suggested that we go to an improv show in Manhattan. She knew one of the groups preforming, Comic Book, pretty rock! So we hung out at the Labs for a bit, waited for Anda, and hopped the F train.
The show was totally rad. I'm not sure I've ever laughed that hard. The guys from Comic Book took all of us to an improv hang out bar called Triple Crown. Some food, drinks, and good conversation later they took Stacey and I up to Times Square since neither of us had seen it before. Even though the trip was really short it was totally worth it. I'm really glad we got to go. Check out the pictures:


No comments: