08 July 2007

Cupcake?


Cupcake, anyone? Yesterday I headed back up to Etsylabs for the Cupcakes takes the Cake Cupcake party. It was put on by the NY Cupcake Club (they meet up about once a month). This month they had their get together at Etsylabs for a craft and munch party. Crumbs Bakeshop was wonderful enough to sponsor the event and send along some of their super deliciousness. And when I say super deliciousness, I firmly believe that's an understatement! I could not stop eatting the cupcakes! They had cookies and cream, carmel chew, cookie dough, red velvet, caramel apple, I could go on and on.
The event even received press in Time Out which introduced a lot of cool new people not only to the cupcake club, but to Etsy as well! I got there about an hour after the party got under way and when I walked in there were people everywhere excitedly making their cupcake themed crafts.
I ended up helping a lot of people with their projects rather than making my own, but I did get a little bit of time to make a cupcake birthday card for CubistLiterature (whose bday is today, yay Happy Birthday Craig!). I also got to catch up with Mellowbeing and Haasome, who were busily making embroidered crafts.


Like all my trips to New York so far, it was an amazing time! This party was such a great idea and I'm really happy that I decided to go up and be a part of it! But Baltimore will hold a Sunday adventure so I left New York and headed off into the Sunset.

3 comments:

Marissa L. Swinghammer said...

Just so you know, I hate you! Where are my cupcakes?

Fortcloudy said...

Dear M,

You shoulda come.

Love,
Ninja

P.s. if I ever come to Boston I'll bring you cupcakes :)

I Am A Librarian said...

it was great, as always, seeing you! thanks for the linkage :)