26 July 2007

Artscaping

So, Artscape, I'd say its one of the best of the art festivals in Baltimore. I had a blast! The festival showcases ALL types of art: visual, performance, a/v, etc. I would have to say that I think their art vendors this year are starting to get cooler, especially in the fashion area. Over there I found a bunch of friends Rebound Designs was around as well as Pistol, Red Prairie Press, and Squidfire.
I stuck around pretty all day Saturday to see as much as possible, and here's what I found:

:People dancing in the air (my favorite thing)
:A phone booth for prayer
:A man on stilts and a woman dressed as a tree
:A milkmaid fashion show
:Crazy cool art cars
:A Star Wars art car
:McFerris Wheel
:An indoor safari
:Some really rad music
:And a nice tall drink

Its a really, really great time. Even if you're going by yourself! If you find yourself in Baltimore next year while its going on you should definitely check it out!

3 comments:

Nora said...

Nice pictures it looks like fun, I am on the opposite coast though!

Agent M. said...

The tree lady is too cool! (Although probably a bit sweaty in the heat...) I love Baltimore =^.^=.

Block Party Press said...

Looks like a great time. I am sorry I missed it. My kids would have had loved the art cars. It will be on the agenda for next year. Thanks for sharing!