31 July 2007

Philadelphia and the purple potatoes

Last week I headed up to Philadelphia with Partly Cloudy to drop off some Fort Cloudy goodies at the Curiosity Shoppe. The CS is part vintage clothing/book store, part local art boutique right off South St. We discovered it last November while on a trip to Philly for a Big Art Show, and they've been selling FC wears since the January rotation! If you ever get a chance to check it out, do it! Its really a fantastic shop.

The Curiosity Shoppe
529 4th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147

I was starving by the time we left, so Partly and I wandered off to find some good eats. We stumbled across this swanky little restaurant called Bliss, in the artsy/theater section of town.The menu was scrumptious, period, but they completely won me over when I happened to see Purple Smashed Potatoes on the list. Yes, yes.. its odd, but there is nothing like a yummy, yummy starch with food coloring in it. Mmmmmmmmm, the way to a fetus's heart.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure it was food coloring? They actually grown purple potatoes! You would probably love them!!

Kim said...

Purple potatoes are all natural. We love to get them and make them when we have company to freak em out.

Fortcloudy said...

Wow! Really?!?! I need to see these! Wanna send me some ;)