03 July 2007

More Etsy Labs Adventures

Wowie! What a weekend. Sorry its taken me a while to blog again, still recovering from all the adventures. This past weekend Fort Cloudy, Ugly Kitty, Supa Fly Monkey, and I headed up to New Jersey and New York for an exciting encounter with the great folks up at Etsylabs for the CREST (Capital Region Etsy Street Team) Trunk Show.
Our first stop was New Jersey on Thursday night. UglyKitty has family there and they offered to let us stay the night and bake treats in the morning for the show. Little did I know, however, how dangerous these treats would be! I thought I was going to eat them and wound up being attacked by them! Crab cakes.... you gotta watch out for crab cakes...

To be honest, the Kitty and the Cloud did most of the work.. Supa Fly flew me around the house on his back for the majority of the time we were there. He's a really great guy! I hope we have a lot more adventures together! Plus, who doesn't want a friend that can fly?!?

The Trunk Show was really great! I heard there we about 80 people that came out to party with us. The food was incredibly, the items for sale were awesome, and the company couldn't have been better. They even set up the workshop on Etsy so people could join the party online! Cloudy and I really like going to the Labs. I strongly encourage you to visit if you haven't! The people that work there are amazingly nice and they have just about every crafting tool you could ever dream to use. I got to hang out with Sarah the Etsy attorney for a bit, she told me about her article in Bead and Button magazine, and was kind enough to take a picture with me!



I think we all had a great, great time! Saturday we headed up to the Brooklyn Indie Market (which seems really awesome!) and then rode around of the subway all day. I love going to New York and will hopefully have a lot more adventures there over the next couple months! If you have any suggestions on what I should do while I'm up there definitely let me know! I just got an email so if you ever feel inclined, drop me a line! ninja@fortcloudy.com Till next time!

3 comments:

Lis said...

Awesome! That sounds like a blast. Hmmm I should get my act together and have an EGA trunk show...

Anonymous said...

great photos!

Unknown said...

cute pictures, sounds like you had a great time!