16 August 2007

Doughnuts and Drinks

Sunday morning we headed back down to Pike's Place Market. There is a doughnut vendor at the market who sells the tastiest little treats you could ever eat! There is a similar vendor at the Baltimore Farmers Market, but in my opinion the Seattle people do it better (even though they are exactly the same). I'm a big fan of the cinnamon ones, so we all split a dozen.There is definitely a lot of really awesome stuff to see at the market, like I've said before. There are always several street musician and entertainers on hand to keep the masses amused and smiling. Almost every single time I've been there I've run into the man that wheels an upright piano to the corner and joyfully bangs away at it. However, this time we came across a very talented man the next corner up. He happily strummed away at his guitar, which isn't super extraordinary, but the astounding thing about him was that while he played he balanced a hula hoop on his chin while spinning another around his waist!His name is Emery Carl, which I only know because he found my flickr that Sunday night and left me with his website information, which you can find here. So take a look at him, he seems to be a fairly interesting guy!
After our long adventure on Friday we all decided to call it an afternoon. Later on the girls and I left Lily with her Aunt and popped out for a couple drinks around town (thumbnails at the bottom) and took a nice long walk. It was a spectacular evening so I enjoyed the time spent out side. I wish I could have stayed longer, but there was only one more day left. Though, I guess I'll be returning soon enough :)

1 comment:

Vintage Indie said...

That is awesome! Ninja with the money made me laugh!