22 August 2007

I met a man with a sword of meat.

I did indeed, well make that multiple men. Christa from It Knits awesomely invited the Charm City Craft Mafia along to the restaurant opening of Fogo De Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse freshly placed in downtown Baltimore at the Inner Harbor.The restaurant's website describes the atmosphere as a "dining experience like no other" and how right are they! We had a large group of about 30 but were all split up among smaller tables. I was seated with Jo (of Meghan and Jo Aprons) and Rebecca (of Bake Sale Designs) and their significant others. Once seated a server came over and explained that we could help ourselves to the salad bar (the amazingly awesome salad bar) and once we were ready for the main course we could flip the small red disc by our plates (that we were all using as coasters) over to the green side and the meat would be served. Stop and go, I liked that.These people do not fool around when it comes to meat! They offer 15 different cuts, ranging chicken legs wrapped in bacon to lamb chops to sirloin to pork to sausage to filet mignon and filet mignon wrapped in bacon. It took me a little while to build up the courage to flip my card to GO, and to be honest I'm glad I waited. As soon as the green faced the air our table was swarming with men offering to cut meat off of their swords for us.
It was all extremely delicious. D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s. And not only was the meat tasty (especially the filet mignon) but the sides were really rockin as well! They had started us off with warm cheese beard nuggets which were hard enough to keep my little fingers out of, but while the main course was flying around our table we were also given yummy, yummy fried bananas, finger-lickin polenta, and cheesy-chivey kick ass mashed potatoes.
I was a little relieved when I finally flipped my card back to red. Each time they came around with their meat swords they only gave you a small piece, but small pieces add up, and quick! It was almost more than my little fetus tummy could bare. If I wore pants they would have definitely been unbuttoned.
And to top the whole thing off I still went for a little dessert. Well, not that the serving was small. The server that came around to offer rattled the list off so quickly that I couldn't really tell what she said. About all I got was Key Lime Pie and something something chocolate. I went for the chocolate, which ended up being a warm little moist chocolate cake with ice cream drizzled in a couple different sauces. Talk about yum! Though I could have probably split it with 3 other people.I rolled home that night. Yup, definitely rolled.

2 comments:

Missy said...

We just got that restaurant here...very interesting concept.

Anonymous said...

Great post!
And thanks for adding your photo from Fogo on the Flickr group. :)
Brazilian barbecue is the best, isn't it? Well, my vote probably doesn't count since I'm Brazilian, but still, Fogo is just the Best...
Regards,
Lu.